Time is running out to enter Round 2 of ArtSlant Prize 2014: the official deadline is next Thursday, April 10, 2014. Now in its 6th year, the ArtSlant Prize is awarded to emerging and mid-career artists whose work helps advance contemporary aesthetic, conceptual, and political discourses.
All artwork entered in the competition will be reviewed by a panel of jurors comprised of renowned gallerists, curators, art professionals, and artists for the opportunity to exhibit at a major art fair in the United States.
The winner of each of the six juried rounds will receive a month-long solo exhibit in downtow Chicago at the ArtSlant exhibition space. Located on one of the busiest pedestrial corners in the downtown area, and blocks away from the Art Institute of Chicago and Chicago’s gallery district, this is an amazing opportunity for exposure. One artist will be selected from the winners of the juried rounds to receive a purchase award and the opportunity to enter one of their works into the ArtSlant Collection.
Previous winners of the ArtSlant Prize include Julie Davidow, Michael Zelehoski, Chantel Foretich, Robert Minervini, Holly Murkerson, Veronica Bruce, and Robin Kang. For a full list of previous winners, please click HERE.
2014 ArtSlant Prize Round Schedule
- Round 1: 1/31 – 2/27
- Round 2: 3/14 – 4/10
- Round 3: 4/25 – 5/22
- Round 4 6/06 – 7/03
- Round 5 7/18 – 8/14
- Round 6 8/29 – 9/25
ArtSlant Prize – 2014 Showcase Series Prize Breakdown
- One juried winner from each of the 6 rounds will exhibit in Downtown Chicago at the ArtSlant Exhibition Space.
- Top 3 winners will exhibit at Aqua Art Miami.
- 1st Prize: $3000 cash award.
- 2nd Prize: $1000 cash award.
- 3rd Prize: $500 cash award.
- Student Prize: $500 cash award.
- $15,000 in exhibition fees and stipends.
- Featured coverage in the ArtSlant Prize Catalogue.
- $5000 in Purchase Awards (announced during exhibition)
- Create an ArtSlant artist profile
- From your artist profile, find the Manage My Profile box on the right side of the page and click on “enter Showcase”
- Complete the Showcase entry forms as indicated
- Submit the $3 entry fee. You must have a PayPal account or a major credit card
- Showcase Winners in each round can select the $20 premium placement to enter into the Juried Round.