Two Arizona witnesses in Maricopa reported watching “a red glowing light around the tree top level” with a disc-like outline, according to February 11, 2014, testimony in Case 54021 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The reporting witnesses’ mother was outside about 8:30 p.m. on February 9, 2014, when she first noticed the light that appeared to be moving about 20 mph.
“She yelled for me to come outside and look at it,” the reporting witness stated. “I came outside and saw what she was pointing at and started filming it on my iPhone camera.”
The witness described the object.
“It had a red glow to it as I caught the remaining 20 seconds before it left our field of view.”
But the witnesses’ mother had been watching the object for about two minutes.
“When it was at the midpoint of her viewing area, she could see a disk-like outline and it had about 5-6 protrusion type areas. She described it as wart-like looking as the best description she could come up with.”
The witness took video on his cell phone and asked his brother to create still pictures. Five images were included with the report: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4 and Image 5.
“It was traveling from north to south and maybe 100 feet above treetop level.”
Maricopa is a city in the Gila River Valley, Pinal County, AZ, population 44,803. Arizona has a UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports. Arizona was the 4th highest reporting state with 32 reports in January 2014 – while California had 102 reports – the highest reporting state in the nation.
Recent reports of low flying UFOs from around the country include:
- Florida witness recalls ‘being’ watching from hovering UFO
- New York witness says sphere UFO moved close
- Disc UFO over Virginia exhibits odd flight pattern
- Phoenix witness asks for help identifying UFOs
- Washington witness reports ‘entity’ crossing highway
- Witness considering UFOs disguised as jets
- UFO sighting? Don’t run away – object may be back
- Traffic brakes for hovering triangle UFO over small New Hampshire town
- Slow moving cigar UFO reported under 500 feet by Missouri witness
- New Jersey witness says Facebook photo captured UFO that hovered over house
- Connecticut witness ‘didn’t stick around’ after encountering triangle UFO
- Witness follows cylinder UFO spotted at tree top level over North Carolina
- Triangle UFO reported low over Ohio field
- Giant silent sphere UFO with lights reported over Georgia town
- Oklahoma witness says object ‘size of a van’ hovered over her home
- Silent low flying UFO spotted moving over Oregon town
- Triangle UFO reported dipping below tree line in Michigan town
- Low flying orange UFO made U-turn while Arkansas witness watched
- UFO reports wanted: Washington witnesses say disc-shaped craft too big to miss
- Florida photo capture looks like disc UFO
- Low flying orb UFO observed hovering before darting away over California town
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or man-made. If Arizona MUFON investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.