CEW 20th anniversary celebration of beauty awards was electrifying, fun and inspiring, as more than 650 new products compete for the CEW Seal! The 20th annual competition for the beauty industry’s highest honor started last Wednesday with a product demonstration that’s similar to that of euphoria for anyone who is obsessed with beauty. More than 2,100 industry insiders attended the Insiders’ Choice Beauty Awards Product Demonstration in NYC. Beauty enthusiasts were enraptured in trying out more than 650 products launched during 2013.
To all CEW members and beauty industry insiders, be sure to submit all votes by March 19th! After the finalists are announced on April 4th, CEW’s Board of Governors along with other industry experts will vote to determine the winners, who will be announced at the Beauty Awards luncheon May 16th at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City. Winners will be judged based on innovation, delivery system and packaging. To view all the 2014 Beauty Awards Entries, visit here.
To top off the unforgettable beauty demo, everyone received a gift bag from CEW filled with beautiful goodies from some top favorite products below (just to name a few, as there were many more). For those who would like to win one of the beauty gift bags of some specially selected products that CEW has to offer, please follow these easy steps by no later then 12AM EST midnight on March 19th:
- Contact me directly here stating why you would like to win by 12AM EST midnight on March 19th to be considered
- For an extra chance to win, simply follow @beautyfashionrs via Twitter and tweet why you should win, by 12AM EST midnight on March 19th
- That’s all there is to it! A winner will be randomly chosen on 12AM EST midnight on March 19th and contacted that morning.
* Congrats to S. Cristi, who is the winner of this giveaway!
* Please be advised that this contest is not hosted by xystwhat.com. Any questions, please contact @beautyfashionrs via Twitter, or here.
Some of the top favorite products at the CEW beauty demo are, but not limited to (in alphabetical order) …
- AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact SPF 50 offers natural color with skin perfecting Asian botanical ingredients to purify, protect and hydrate skin. The compact powder comes wtih microscopic openings and stable extracts, and a unique puff that preserves the liquid emulsion in its optimal. AmorePacific Lolita Lempicka Elle L’aime Eau de Parfum consists of top notes bergamot, neroli and lime; mid notes: coco essence, jasmine and ylang-ylang and a base of vanilla, myrrh & sandalwood. Rare, natural ingredients make up more than 50% of this fragrance. Myrrh has been collected by the Himba women, a beautiful tribe in Namibia. The packaging is a sleek, golden totem bottle adorned with an intricate pattern of gold letters on metal, masterfully wrought to spell Lolita Lempicka.
- Artistry Youth Xtend Serum Concentrate boasts of revitalizing and nourishing skin cells to make skin look younger and more radiant.
- Avon Mega Effects Mascara does an amazing job in making lashes darker, longer, thicker and more dramatic. It dries fast, and the Wonder brush is great as it bends and adjusts to various angles so it gets every single lash! Avon Skin So Soft Aroma & Therapy Calming 48 Hour Moisturizer hydrates dry winter skin, with the soothing scent of lavender. What’s interesting about this moisturizer is the Touchplex Scent Technology, that enables you to reactivate the scent throughout the day just by rubbing your skin. It boasts of of a time-release formula with Argan oil which provides 48 hour hydration. The calming lavendar scent smells luxurious and soothing.
- Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes is great, especially for those who love the Chubby Stick for Lips! This Chubby Stick for Eyes is lightweight, creamy and perfect for layerable. It’s safe even for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- ColorProof CrazySmooth Anti-Frizz Treatment Masque is an at-home treatment that boasts of eliminating frizz and restores hair’s health, while infusing unsurpassed smoothness with instantly younger hair in just one use!
- Dr. Dennis Gross Anti-Aging Scalp Serum helps make hair stronger, thicker and healthier looking. It’s safe for color treated hair, is very light, and not greasy at all which is a plus when applying to the scalp.
- Dolce & Gabbana Intense Eau de Parfum smells feminine (but not too girly or sweet), mysterious, sensual and sexy. Notes are: Neroli, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Tuberose, Sandalwood.
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick contains a powerful blend of skincare ingredients, emollient butters and vitamins, so it conditions lips for all day moisture and lasts for approximately five to six hours! It boasts of increasing the look of lip volume by 15% and firmness by 13%. The packaging is gorgeous, as it’s embossed with the Red Door logo and a sleek gold tube with the signature Red Door design (perfect for Mother’s Day).
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is a miracle serum that helps skin repair over night. Results are apparent the next morning, as skin will look softer and smoother.
- FLOWER Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara will make your lashes longer, fuller and defined. It contains D-panthenol, which helps smooths lashes and stimulates growth while rice wax provides smudge-proof color. It has a unique adjustable brush that twists into three different shapes, so you can customize desired volume and length. The packaging is a beautiful rose-gold tube, which looks elegant and sophisticated
- got2b Beach Trippin’ Salt-Infusion Waving Spray is perfect for the warmer weather, as this contains natural salts to infuse tousled waves with body, volume and texture, and moisturizers prevent dryness.
- IT Cosmetics, who work with leading plastic surgeons to develop innovative, clinically-proven, problem-solving, anti-aging products, showcased some wondering makeup products. For example, Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer is the first ever eyeliner, lash-line filler and black mascara in one! It coats lashes from root to tip for a full lash line, plus liner, volume and length. The ultra skinny wand applies black along entire lash line, filling sparse spots, giving a full lash line & eyeliner without using eyelid space. Its special skinny wand is wonderful, as it allows you to reach up to 1/3 more lashes than most mascara wands. Your Skin but Better CC+ Cream with Physical SPF 50+ is a highly pigmented, full coverage, brightening & color correcting cream, anti-aging, hydrating serum with SPF50+ broad-spectrum, UVA/UVB.
- Kate Somerville RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream works to gently infuse skin with pure retinol and sustained hydration, to relax wrinkles and even out texture and tone. After the first several uses, skin feels incredibly smooth, hydrated and skin tone looks more even.
- La Roche-Posay Mela-d Deep Cleansing Brightening Foaming Cream is a wondering daily cleanser works to even complexion, so skin glows with radiance. Its gentle exfoliation gently and effectively cleanses skin of blackheads, dirt, makeup, oil and helps make skin look brighter and clearer.
- Laura Mercier, an international beauty makeup artist and creator of cosmetics, skincare and fragrance, showcased her prestige collection of eye, face and lip products. Laura Mercer Cosmetics have created the most beautiful looks for Hollywood A-listers on the red carpet, the Oscars, Fashion Week runway models and created special makeup products for beauty enthusiasts to get a flawless, natural and globally beautiful look. Her beauty awards entries are Eyedration Moisture Eye Creme, Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour, and Smooth Finish Foundation Powder.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, which is sold every three seconds around the world, is made with 20% shea butter that’s very creamy and aborbs quickly to nourish and moisturize hands.
- L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder is a foundation that instantly transforms from liquid to powder for a natural, nude look. It contains broad-spectrum SPF 18 and is available in 12 shades.
- mark. Glossworks Longwear Lip Gloss SPF15 is available in eight shades. ted gloss consists of a high shine formula that offers SPF 15 protection and nourishes lips, perfect for spring and summer time.
- MOOR Skincare Repair and Renewal Cream is a hydrating, luxurious moisturizer that boasts of renowned Neydharting Moor’s Peat & Peat Water that dramatically increases skin’s elasticity, and has over 300 anti-aging properties for advanced anti-aging benefits. Per Dennis Johnson, Ph.D. and the Founder/CEO of Neydharting Moor Skin & Body Care, “Its formula is the best of nature, the best of science, and this is a wrinkle specialist product along with increasing skin elasticity and increasing moisture retention.” Mother’s Day is right around the corner, so this will make a wonderful gift of beauty and youth. To view Moor Skincare products, visit moorskincare.com, BeautySage.com, Opensky.com, and QVC.
- Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir is a lightweight leave-in treatment that helps rebuild hair’s strength while making it look more youthful, vibrant and radiant in just seven days. Hair feels up to 100% stronger & reduces breakage by 50%. This helps fights frizz and improves volume, color radiance and shine. The Elixir’s unique system of application is similar to a face serum, that allows for controlled dosage in a premium glass bottle.
- Nyakio, by Nyakio Kamoche Grieco, offers a collection of beauty products inspired by her Kenyan family’s secrets created for all skin types. Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub blends naturally energizing and exfoliating Kenyan coffee beans with sugar to remove dull skin while providing antioxidant benefits. It contains mongongo nut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil and avocado oil, all of which leave skin moisturized, smooth and incredibly soft.
- Shiseido, one of the oldest Japanese cosmetics and skincare companies in the world, showcased some notable beauty award entries for beautiful, healthier and younger looking skin. Bio-performance Super Corrective Eye Cream makes eyes look energetic and vibrant, as it helps reduce wrinkles and dark circles. Future Solution LX Total Regenerating Body Cream boasts of a lavish, silky texture that makes skin more radiant, resilient and keeps it moisturized. IBUKI Gentle Cleanser is an extra gentle cleanser that lathers quickly into a rich foam to cleanse skin without stripping away essential moisture. IBUKI Refining Moisturizer helps correct the appearance of unevenness, pores, breakouts, marks, skin roughness and renews skin surface so skin is soft, smooth and hydrated. Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector offers advanced protection, so skin has a hint of color for a glowing, healthy and flawless complexion.
- St. Ives Naturally Energizing Citrus & Vitamin C Fresh Hydration Lotion is a continuous spray lotion that makes skin freshly moisturized without the heavy lotion feel. It contains 100% natural moisturizers to help skin look soft & smooth, vitamin C and grapefruit extract leave skin feeling energized and refreshed. It has a 360° even spray that uses compressed air, allowing it to be sprayed evenly at any direction or angle.
The 2014 CEW Beauty Awards Product Demonstration is sponsored by Meredith Corporation, Givaudan, Crest and Oral-B 3D White, QVC, U by Kotex, Walgreens, Unilever, Beauty Inc, Arcade Marketing, DSM Personal Care, Birchbox, RPG, Conair, MaCher, Albéa, Rpr Marketing Communications, Mintel, Sally Hansen, KraftWorks, Consultancy Media, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, Suite K, Raw Media, Proof 7, The Natural Step, WWD, Tonnie’s Minis, The NPD Group and Ernst & Young.
About CEW: Cosmetic Executive Women, Inc. (CEW) is a nonprofit professional organization with more than 6,000 members, both men and women, from over 1,500 companies in the beauty and related industries. CEW advances the professional growth and leadership potential of its members through networking, industry insights, access to leaders, professional development programs and recognition of achievement and innovation. CEW’s membership is multi-generational and equally representative of entry level, mid-career level and senior level executives. CEW is based in New York City, and it also hosts events for the beauty community in Los Angeles. Additionally, CEW has associated organizations in France and the United Kingdom. The CEW Foundation supports Cancer and Careers, a resource for employees balancing work and cancer treatment. For more information, log on to cew.org.