Single? Don’t be Sad on Valentine’s Day
Oh God, it’s that dreadful time of year again where I feel even lonelier than every other day of the year being single. February 14th and all the romantic hype is a reminder of how alone I really am! It is a very depressing day for me. I am a 28 year old fairly attractive outgoing woman living in Toronto and in desperate need of some advice on how to get through the “wrath of cupid” every year on this day!
I have this conversation with women all the time. I am sure single guys probably feel the void as well but just don’t vocalize it.
The one thing I always did when I was single on Valentines’ Day was to go out & socialize! “Screw Cupid, he can shove the arrow right up his a#s,” I would say to myself! I usually went with another single girlfriend to a lounge or Pub that had less of a romantic setting with pool tables, dart boards & other manly attractions. It was interesting to see how many other people showed up as well! You are pretty much guaranteed that everyone who is not with a partner in the room on Valentine’s Day…is single!
Going out for a coffee or a movie with a girlfriend is also a great way to not give into the BS of February 14th only being a date night! Don’t be afraid to be seen without a man on your arm. What better day to show your attributes & confidence but on this obnoxious relationship celebration!
Hibernating and feeling sad at home means you are giving into this holiday stereotype and letting Hallmark & other marketing scams work their financial rewards. You are a fantastic person whether you are single or not. Do not ever let a relationship define who you are!
Being single has many benefits that a lot of married people will occasionally yearn for and here are a few things to think about on Feb 14th!
- You can do whatever you want whenever you want & be spontaneous!
- Girl’s night out can happen often and without having to plan it 2-3 weeks in advance or get permission to go.
- It doesn’t matter what goes on in Vegas ~ who cares!
- You can order “take out” every night and never use your oven!
- You don’t have to shave your legs or get a Brazilian & you can wear your comfortable “big girl panties” whenever you want!
- You can watch, The Bachelor, Days of our Lives or any chick flick you want! You are in charge of the remote!
- You don’t have to watch Dick Flicks!
- You can put a 6 pack of beer in the fridge on Friday and there will be 4 bottles left on Monday!
- You have complete control of the house temperature & bed covers!
- Your toilet seat will always remain in the downward position.
- Your newspaper will never end up in the bathroom & remain on the coffee table completely intact.
- The only snoring or farting you hear will be your own. :)
Now get off the couch Samantha & go out for a fun Valentine’s Day!
Hugs & hearts, Sybersue
Dear Sybersue @ http://www.sybersue.com