Can you achieve your weight loss goals without going on a formal diet? Yes, says Dr. Brian Wansink, the director of Cornell University’s Food and Brand Lab. He has used his research to find ways to shed pounds without obsessing about counting calories or tracking carbohydrates, according to the Medical Daily. Wansink is the author of “Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think.”
Among his tips:
- Shift from a large plate to a small plate.
- Clear off kitchen counters with the exception of healthy choices such as fruit.
- Portion out all foods rather than eat from a bag.
- Eat a hot food for breakfast within an hour after waking up to boost your metabolism.
- Eat every three to four hours.
- Put down your utensils between bites to slow down.
- Remember it takes 20 minutes before food gets to your stomach and signals to your brain that you’ve had enough. Get more tips to supercharge weight loss without dieting by clicking here for “Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think.”