Intro: Looking for holiday dessert ideas that will appeal to your kids? Why not make edible snowman treats? These cute Christmas desserts capture the wonder of the season’s first snow.
Chocolate-dipped biscotti: Strawberry-flavored Christmas biscotti with almonds
These snowman treats for kids feature a cake body with a sweet frosting poured over the bodies of these yummy desserts.
A little lemon juice provides a lemon cake flavor while pretzel rods, chocolate chips, gummi worms and other candies bring these easy Christmas treats to life.
You can use these holiday dessert ideas by themselves or make some holiday sugar cookies or chocolate dipped pretzels to serve alongside them.
Or make some cute gingerbread cookies men and use these cute Christmas desserts to fill your holiday baskets. Instructions for gingerbread men are in the video attached to this article.
Holiday sugar cookies: Recipes plus Christmas sugar cookies
Holiday Dessert Recipe: Edible Frosted Snowman Treats for Kids
- 4½ to 5 c. flour (all-purpose)
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 pkgs rapid rise Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. margarine or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon peel
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 to 3 Tbsp water
Cream cheese icing recipe for your Christmas cookies and cakes
- Add one cup of flour plus the 1/2 cup of sugar, the undissolved yeast and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat up the water, butter and milk until it’s between 120 and 130 degrees.
- Pour in the flour mix. Beat this on medium. Scrape the sides of the bowl to prevent lumping.
- Add in lemon peel, eggs plus one cup of flour. Beat the mixture with the new ingredients for the snowman treats for kids.
- Once you’re done, adding the rest of the flour to create a stiff dough.
- Wrap this in plastic wrap for up to 24 hours. Take it out of the fridge and divide the dough for this holiday dessert recipe into 12 pieces. They should be the same size.
- Create one small, medium and large body piece from each of the 12 individual pieces. These become the basis for the body on the yummy dessert.
- Roll them into balls and put on a greased baking sheeting in the shape of a snowman to create the edible snowman treats.
- Flatten each snowman treat with the palm of your hand, but only so slightly. Do this with all 12 snowman treats. Put two-inches between each snowman.
- Cover up these Christmas snacks for kids with a clean cloth and let them rise in a draft-free room. They should double in size. This takes about 45 minutes to put together this part of the holiday dessert recipe.
- Bake the edible snowman treats for 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven when they become golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Decorate with xmas candies, nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, mini-pretzel rods and fruit roll ups. The fruit roll ups become the scarf for the snow man treats for kids.
- Make a lemon glaze from the powdered sugar and water. Or if your kids don’t like lemon, substitute vanilla flavor.