We try to provide our readers with the most up-to-date information each month regarding local restaurant events in the Jacksonville area. For March, we have several events from favorite restaurants around town. These events include the Duckhorn Wine Dinner at Roy’s in Jacksonville Beach, a four-course vegetarian/gluten free dinner at Aqua Grill in Ponte Vedra, Happy Hour and daily specials at Cantina Laredo at St. Johns Town Center, weekend prix fixe menu at Wine Cellar in downtown Jacksonville, and beer tasting events at Intuition Ale Works in Riverside. Here’s what we know at this time:
Event #1: Duckhorn Pairing Dinner @ Roy’s: We like Roy’s for great fish dishes and our favorite sushi roll: the Lakanilau Roll. For more details on our favorite dishes from Roy’s, see this link to our Jax’s Best Dishes article. Roy’s will be hosting the Duckhorn Pairing Dinner on Wed., March 12th starting at 6:30pm for $85 per person, which does not include tax and gratuity. The meal will feature five courses and include items like the lobster brioche with pea tendrils, pea pods, bacon, and sunchoke veloute. Reservations are required and diners can either call 904-241-7697 or book on the Roy’s website at this link.
Event #2: Four-course Vegetarian and Gluten Free Dinner @ Aqua Grill: Known for its large portions and over 25 years of food-service to the Ponte Vedra area, Aqua Grill is a staple in the Jacksonville Fine Dining scene (go here for our full review). On Wed., March 12th at 6:30pm, Aqua Grill will be serving a four-course meal that is made especially for our vegetarian readers. The meal costs $29 per person and consists of the following:
- First Course: Olive oil poached yellow tomatoes, spring peas, Shitake mushrooms, with pea and tomato juice.
- Second Course: Baby red and green Romaine lettuce, shaved Parmesan, red onion, horseradish Caesar dressing, and fried quail egg.
- Third Course: Organic hand harvested wild rice with spinach Brussels sprouts cipollini onions, with her-infused caramelized onion broth.
- Fourth Course: Trio of sorbets (Honey Bell orange, pineapple, and strawberry).
Event #3: Happy Hour and Daily Specials @ Cantina Laredo: We like several dishes at Cantina Laredo, including the tableside guacamole and the enchiladas veracruz (go to this link for more on our favorite Cantina Laredo dishes). Cantina Laredo hosts weekly Happy Hour at the bar Monday through Friday from 4-7pm and then 9pm-close and on Saturday from 11am-5pm. The following daily specials are also available:
- Sunday: Mimosa or Bloody Mary ($2)
- Monday: Margarita ($5)
- Tuesday: Tecate and Tacqueria ($2)
- Wednesday: Half off all wine.
- Thurday: Ladies Night: Casa ‘Rita ($4)
For more from jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining.