With the arrival of June and the many festivals and events taking place this summer, residents and visitors alike can easily find activities filled with fun and entertainment. Starting on Sunday, June 1, here is information to get the summer going.
1. Come to ‘Old Town Tustin’ tomorrow June 1 and give your taste buds a treat at the “30th Tustin Street Fair and Chili Cookoff’. which lasts from 11 a.m. to 5:30.p.m. Among the featured attractions will be a
(a) watermelon eating contest; (b) beer and wine gardens; (c) kids sports zone; (d) craft & food vendors; (e) stage contests; and live entertainment. The event takes place at El Camino Real and Main Street in Tustin, and is easy to reach via the 5 Freeway. Beginning at 11 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m. with free admission. Visit here for a schedule of the event.
2. June 1st will also see a “Celebration of the Arts” in Yorba Linda from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. During this time there will be – paintings, photography, ceramics, mosaics, jewelry, sculptures, wood carvings, and glass art, exhibited and for sale from the various artists participating. His event is a day when the talented and creative can come and share their inspirations with the community, which is free to all. There will be three locations – Yorba Linda Community Center, Thomas Lasorda Jr. Memorial Field House, and Hurless Barton Park. Call (714) 996-1960 for information.
3. Sunday Brunch is always a great family get-together and on Sunday June 1st, as they do each Sunday, the Orange County Mining Company will again have their Sunday Brunch from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Not only will there be the traditional breakfast foods and lunch favorites, but one can enjoy the champagne, sports events in the bar, or the spectacular views while dining on the terrace. Go online for a discount coupon, or be seated before 10 a.m. and receive $5 off each adult fare of $28. Information is available at (714) 997-7411.
4. KaraokeFest at the Orange County Fairgrounds. This is a chance for kids to compete in a Karaoke contest, qualifying rounds will be held on June 7, 14, 21, 28 at the Orange County Marketplace, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa. Sign up is 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m, when 5 finalist will be chosen each week to compete in the finals. Contestants must be under 13 years of age and accompanied by an adult.
5. The opening of the ‘Anaheim Packing House’ is today May 31, but it will be open through July 2 2014 giving you lots of time to plan your time to visit this restored community gathering place and the OC.s first food hall celebrating history. For those who can attend today the ‘grand opening’ is free to the public and goes from noon to 10 p.m. at the restored site 440 S. Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim. There will be music from various country and blue grass bands, kids games, hayrides, free lemonade, popcorn and lite bites, as well as give-a-ways.