Are you making plans for a few spring and summer weekend getaways? Great, I feel like some classy casual in style fashion. What do you think?
So, to get the ball rolling, I talked to Lavenda Memory for Lavenda’s Closet for an exclusive look at what she recommends as her (Go-to) in style top ten essentials for spring and summer packing list.
What to pack into your weekend getaway suitcase, let’s begin.
- Hats: I am a huge hat person. I wear hats year round to protect me from the rain most of the year and then in the summer, the sun. I picked up a fedora on Venice Beach last summer. It’s still a staple for me going into this spring.
- Scarves are a great way to add some color and texture to an outfit. They can also pull color from your shoes or handbag when you’re looking to complete a look.
- Floral prints are huge for 2014 and I wanted to incorporate them subtly so a perfect way to do that is with a scarf. For my spring outfits, you’ll see a warm floral scarf by Naturally Knotty as well as a blue floral select by Chan Luu.
- Sunglasses are a must in the spring and summer. Depending where you are, it’s an all year accessory. I am obsessed with the oversized glasses in opaque hues like the ones I’m wearing from Top Shop.
- Totes are a necessity for weekend trips or long days out and about. I love the smaller size of this white tote and the soft leather is like (Butt-tah) to touch. A neutral or white handbag is a must for spring
- Silver pumps and wedge heeled sandals: I love a pointed heel because makes us petite ladies look a little longer. A Portland spring doesn’t allow for our toes to make an appearance all that often, but when they do I recommend a simple white pair.
- Boots are a year-round staple in the Pacific Northwest and this year I recommend upgrading to a bit more hardware. These have a stunning zipper all the way up the back with chains along the heel.
- Nails: A pop of color for spring is fun and I always recommend pastel hues.
- Hair: Jessica Belknap styled my hair in lose waves that will still hold body for a couple extra days. This gives me a casual, but pretty hairstyle that will last through the weekend. Just use a spiral curling iron to make lose waves and then style with some dry shampoo for volume and a bit of hair oil.
- Make Up: I chose a natural look with a pop in my eyes. Jessica kept my lips nude for a fresh-faced spring look as well.
Lavenda’s Closet fashion exclusive getaway in style packing list below, special thanks to EG Page Boutique and click here for Exclusive: Fashion blogger Lavenda Memory for Lavenda’s Closet spring style list.
Black leather jacket
Black leather jacket by BCBG for those cooler nights out paired with a graphic black and white print blouse by Cynthia Vincent, white short shorts and edgy black knee high boots by Enzo Angiolini a year-round basic for Portland fashionistas.
White blazer by Theory is a fabulous daytime piece to layer against the sun paired with a graphic print trapeze slip dress by Cynthia Vincent styled with a white scarf by Naturally Knotty.
Graphic print shorts
Graphic print drawstring silk shorts by Cynthia Vincent because springtime is the best time to bare a little more leg. Silk shorts are perfect with a tee shirt, cardigan and/or oversized tunic.
Denim boyfriend jeans by Frame are everything this year. Spring is still a good time to wear them, but trade out your darker denim for a light jean. I love my pastel hued scarf, silver pumps and red for a pop of color nail enamel.
White skinny jeans
White denim jeans by Frame are perfect and a skinny leg is always a good staple. For fun try white on white (Top and bottom) with a scarf by Chan Luu, Naturally Knotty and trendy sunglasses by Topshop.