Starting with a store-bought cake mix makes this recipe an easy one to make. The tart flavor of the lemon curd is a wonderful addition to a spring or summer dessert buffet. Everyone loves a good cupcake.
Cupcakes are an easy and delicious dessert or anytime snack. They make a beautiful presentation on a dessert buffet. These cupcakes hold a delicious surprise treat in the middle. Decorating can match the theme of the gathering.
Lemony Delicious Cupcakes
- 1 package (16.25 ounces) yellow or white cake mix
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 cans (16.2 ounces each) whipped white frosting
- 1/4 cup white sprinkles
- 1/4 cup yellow or other spring-colored sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Bake in muffin cups lined with cupcake liners, according to package directions. Cool.
- Using the end of a round handle of wooden spoon, make deep, 3/4″-wide indentation in center top of each cupcake. Do not go to bottom of cupcake. Wiggle end of spoon to make opening large enough.
- Spoon lemon curd into a resealable food storage bag. Cut 1/4-inch off one corner of bag.
- Insert open corner into center of each cupcake. Squeeze 2 teaspoons of curd into the center of each cupcake. Be careful not to split cupcake open.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Roll edge of each cup cake in mixture of sprinkles.
Makes 18 cupcakes.