The Walt Disney World Resorts has become one of the most popular destinations for vacationers who have something to celebrate. Throughout the years, the theme parks and resorts have been accommodating those celebrating milestones, such as birthdays and graduations. Many visitors have also celebrated personal victories, such as retiring or getting a promotion at work. No matter what the celebration is, Disney has come up with many different ways to help those wanting to celebrate something in their life special.
Though Disney World is known for being a family destination, the theme parks and resorts are just as popular among adults who plant to travel without kids. Disney World has become a popular location for proposals, weddings and other romantic getaways.
Here are some things to do on a romantic Disney World getaway:
- Surprise her with some roses sent to the room from the Disney Florist
- Spend the night in the room, order room service and hang the “do-not-disturb” sign on the door
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground and Resorts offer horse-drawn carriage rides
- Fly high above Downtown Disney aboard the Characters in Flight balloon ride
- Enjoy dinner at Victoria & Albert’s
- Treat yourself to a couple’s massage
- Take a midnight swim at one of your resort’s quiet pools
- Watch Wishes from the beach at Disney’s Polynesian Resort or book a private fireworks cruise (407.WDW.PLAY407.WDW.PLAY) to watch Wishes or IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Play carnival-style games at Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Fossil Fun Games located in DinoLand, U.S. A.
- Go to the drive-in and sit in the back seat at the Sci-Fi Dine-In at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Renew your wedding vows
- Propose in front of Cinderella’s Castle or on her favorite Disney World attraction (Proposal tip: Find a PhotoPass photographer to capture the surprise.)
As you can see, there are many different ways to make your upcoming trip to the Walt Disney World Resorts more romantic. How romantic that vacation is, depends upon you and what you plan to do while visiting the parks and resorts.
For more on the latest Disney travel ideas, tips, reviews and news visit my Facebook page and give it a “Like” – WDW Travel Examiner – or follow me on twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also “Subscribe” to my xystwhat.com page by clicking the button near the top of the page.
Add to Skype
You’ll need Skype CreditFree via Skype