Let’s face it. Many of us are overworked, stressed out and dead tired. Who has time for niceties? June 1 is Say Something Nice Day, an annual “holiday” that encourages us all to be nice to one another. The event began in North Charleston and in 2012, South Carolina Mayor Keith Summey proclaimed June 1 as Say Something Nice Day.
““The City of North Charleston has long believed in the importance of effective communication within its workforce. The City is committed to maintaining friendly atmosphere for our employees, citizens, businesses and visitors.”
In honor of the occasion, why not give a heartfelt compliment to your significant other? Thank someone in the service industry for a job well done. Compliment a stranger- just because. And who knows? You may just brighten their day! Life is short. Remind those close to you just how much they mean to you.
Special Quotes & Sayings About Being Kind and Nice
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.” ~ Unknown
- “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up.” ~ Jesse Jackson
- “Be nice to people on your way up because you’ll meet them on your way down.” ~ Wilson Mizner
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” ~ William Arthur Ward
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Home is wherever I am with you.” ~ Unknown
- “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” ~ Blaise Pascal:
- “If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.” ~ Bob Hope
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” ~ Princess Diana
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” ~ Aesop
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ~ 14th Dalai Lama
- “It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice.” ~ Unknown
- “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” ~ P.S. I Love You by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.” ~ Bill Gates
- “Kind people are the best kind of people.” ~ Unknown
- “A kind word is like a Spring day.” ~ Russian Proverb
- “Every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug or just a friendly pat on the back.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home.” ~ Phyllis Diller
- “Love someone who doesn’t deserve it.” ~ Unknown
- “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.” ~ Thumper
June 1 is also Heimlich Maneuver Day and National Go Barefoot Day.
Brainy Quote. Nice Quotes
Quote Garden. Kindness Quotes
BrainyQuote. Maya Angelou Quotes